Each letter of our name, CEIPHERS, stands for one of the values of our company.
The seventh and eight letters (R and S), stands for Realize Success. Walt Disney once said, “All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.”
I can tell you it has taken plenty of courage to step out on a limb and create my own business. When I took the first steps, I had no idea what lay ahead, how many obstacles and new things I would have to learn. Every day brings new challenges and it seems I’m constantly outside of my comfort zone. But now I am beginning to see where those courageous first steps are leading me.
I see a future where my company can be a magnet for change, where we can educate and inspire people, to help them to prevail against the odds, and to empower them to realize their versions of success.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t have dreams of my own. They say you can’t achieve your goals unless you write them down. Well, here it goes (deep breath) … five has always been my lucky number, so here are five goals I hope to achieve in the next five years.
- Have our collections in five retail chains
- Help and support five schools in Kenya
- Help and support five schools in Arizona
- Provide five scholarships per year — in fashion, graphic design, photography/videography, business management, and finally, in marketing
- Purchase three new cars. I always promised my mother that when I finally “made it,” I’d buy her a BMW X5. As it happens, my lovely wife, Rachel, is fond of them as well, and so am I. In the next five years, I’d like to be able to buy one for each of us.
On a more personal note, I hope to have the company running so smoothly that Rachel and I can spend more time together. Running a business right now is a 24/7 proposition. We don’t have much time to stop and smell the roses and I very much want us to take the time to explore the world around us.
What are your goals? Write them down. Take the first steps. Realize your own version of success!